Enhancing Coastal Resilience in Connecticut
The CREST project, “Enhancing Coastal Resilience in Connecticut,” was funded by a two-year grant from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to the University of Connecticut through Sandy Supplemental funds distributed by the federal government per the FY2013 Disaster Relief Appropriations Act for Coastal Resilience Networks.
Results of the NOAA CREST project are documented on the pages below:
- The About page discusses the grant itself and all of the objectives.
- The Maps page describes what was mapped and what you will find in the CREST Map Viewer.
- The Waves Research page discusses the wave model, results for several storms (Gloria, Sandy, Irene, Nor’easter of 2015 and other strong Nor’easters) as well as the model’s relevance.
- Results of the wave research is reported for five locations across the Connecticut coast and the tabular data can be found via the Points page.
- OR go directly to the Map Viewer!