Attention current UConn students!
Paid Internship – Connecticut Institute for Resilience and Climate Adaptation
Search UConn JobX ID #13113
The Connecticut Institute for Resilience and Climate Adaptation (CIRCA), located at the Avery Point campus of the University of Connecticut in Groton, CT is looking for a paid intern to work 8 hours per week with the Institute’s staff on the Environmental Justice Mapping project. Students from all UConn campuses are eligible for this position. The internship will be mostly remote, but the ideal candidate will be able to attend in-person Connecticut public workshops in early 2023.
- Attending virtual and in-person committee meetings for meetings summaries and note-taking, adding meeting information to website
- Writing up proceedings, summaries, notes from workshop as a workshop summary for our website and for the final report
- Update CIRCA contact databases as necessary
- Assist with administrative tasks, including meeting support
- Write and post on social media and on website updates
- Prepare fact sheets
- Communicating with towns for finding event space
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong writing, research, and communication skills
- Previous experience working in an office environment are preferred.
- Experience with website updates (I.e. Aurora aka WordPress)
- Demonstrated coursework or experience in environmental policy, communications, and environmental justice
- Bilingual is a plus.
The position will be from September 2022 – April 2023. There is a slight possibility of an extension to July 2023, if intern is available and pending availability of funding.
How to apply: Please send a short (max one page) cover letter describing why you would want to participate in this work, demonstrating your understanding of environmental justice and its importance, and a one-page resume that shows you have the ability to do this work well, and the names and contact information for two references to Lauren Yaworsky at email@example.com by September 6, 2022. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. Interviews may begin before the closing date.