CIRCA is pleased to announce the results of the past round of grants under its Municipal Resilience Grant Program. The municipalities and councils of governments listed below have been awarded funds to pursue projects that will not only increase their own local resilience, but also serve as transferable tools for other communities hoping to replicate their success.
Map of CIRCA Matching Funds and Municipal Resilience Grant Program Project Areas
Several important criteria were considered by the CIRCA Executive Steering Committee when making awards, including the following:
- Does the project enhance community resilience to the impacts of climate change and extreme weather?
- Does the project have transferable results?
- Does the project involve collaboration with CIRCA?
- Does the project have measurable goals?
- Will the project be completed in an 18-month timescale?
- Does the project have multiple funding sources?
- Does the project emphasize implementation?
Based on the above criteria, funding was awarded to the following projects under four different rounds of funding. Click on the green links to learn more.
MetroCOG - Beardsley Zoo Green Infrastructure Project
New Haven – New Haven Industrial Toolbox
Stamford - Resilience Opportunity Assessment
WestCOG – Regional CRS Program