Attention current UConn students!
Paid Internship – Connecticut Institute for Resilience and Climate Adaptation
The Connecticut Institute for Resilience and Climate Adaptation (CIRCA), located at the Avery Point campus of the University of Connecticut in Groton, CT is looking for a paid intern (Class IV – Advanced Level Position – 400UST) to work between 10-15 hours per week with the Institute’s staff.
- Undergraduate student within the UConn system
- Have the ability to travel to UConn Avery Point’s campus 2 days per week
- Be flexible to travel within the state periodically
- Good proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Have a basic knowledge of ArcGIS or ArcPRO or the ability to learn
- Field work experience or not having any restrictions to go to the field to work in various towns in Connecticut
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Demonstrated coursework or experience in environmental science, policy, engineering or communications are a plus
- Research and review variety of the documents to prepare a synthesis report
- Work with CIRCA staff on basic GIS projects
- Prepare and organize CIRCA equipment inventory
- Prepare equipment for field work and assist in deployments
- Prepare webpages related to the CIRCA projects and data
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Hourly wage is $17.40 per hour. The position will begin as soon as possible and end on August 31st, 2023.
How to apply: Please send a one-page resume and the names and contact information for two references to Lauren Yaworsky at email@example.com no later than June 2, 2023. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. Phone interviews will be scheduled in June.
Why work for CIRCA
CIRCA’s mission is to increase the resilience and sustainability of vulnerable communities along Connecticut’s coast and inland waterways to the growing impacts of climate change on the natural, built, and human environment.